And truth be told, I love almost anything pumpkin in the fall. I would mostly love to enjoy pumpkin flavored baked goods, but since going grain-free I’ve realized there are no treats out there I can eat. So I decided create my own!
These are super simple, best served cold and remind me of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving topped with whipped cream. They’re a perfect sweet treat for the fall or around the holidays, so if you’re grain-free like me you’ve gotta try them.
1 15oz can pure pumpkin puree
3/4c. almond flour
2tbsp coconut flour
1/4c Swerve, confectioners
1tbsp coconut oil
1/4tsp baking powder
1/4tsp baking soda
For whip cream frosting:
6tbsp coconut milk
3tbsp Swerve, confectioners
1/2 tsp vanilla
NOTE: If you would like a DAIRY-FREE frosting just whip up a can of coconut milk with 3tbsp Swerve! The cream cheese definitely makes these more decadent for the holidays.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine pumpkin, egg, vanilla and coconut oil.
3. Combine in coconut flour, almond flour, Swerve, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until fully combined. I do this by hand with a spatula. This batter is fairly wet.
4. Use a cookie scoop to scoop batter onto a non-stick cookie sheet. Then, using the flat bottom of a measuring cup, press the cookie balls flat.
5. Bake the cookies in a pre-heated oven for 24 minutes.
7. After baking allow your cookies to completely cool before transferring them to a plate to chill in the fridge.
8. Frost chilled pumpkin cookies with your whip cream frosting
9. Store cookies in the fridge for up to one week in an air-tight container
From our family to yours, enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!